Monday 8 July 2013

La Colours - StarGaze Palette in Make out




So I've not heard much about La Colours until my friend and makeup "soul buddy" told me about them. She had recently tried some of the palettes and said the pigment and texture was amazing for an affordable brand. So I thought lets go back to being budget conscious and check out some makeup when you want a treat, but need to watch the purse. So the palette has 16 rectangular pans of colour with metallic shades being most prominent. This palette is called the Star-gaze and I know there is a neutral palette doing the rounds on YouTube.

There ethos is -

Our research & development team continues to expand the line with innovative products, brought to you in trendsetting colors and styles. By expanding the L.A. COLORS® line we continue to add strength and dignity to the L.A. COLORS® brand. At the same time, the marketing department works side by side with management to keep pricing low and quality high, therefore, maintaining excellent customer satisfaction.

We have an enthusiastic team supporting us, from our sales department to our warehouse personnel,  thus enabling us to provide you prompt, efficient and reliable service. For over 25 years, Beauty 21 Cosmetics, Inc., and LA. COLORS® have been making superior cosmetics establishing a name in beauty industries all around the world. We look forward to serving you at all levels of commerce in the near future.



So when you open it the colours are embossed with little diamonds. It comes with a sponge applicator and they look like amazing colours on first impression. Apparently there are 3 in this range, this being Make-out then there is Admire and Contemplate. I would also love the block palette in Design. 


Now what I didn't expect was how soft these shadows are as I nearly took a chunk out of the top left blue one, when attempting swatches. This took a little run of my finger to get this payoff and its so butter to the texture that I was in shock. As you can see above the colour is very pigmented and shows true to pan . There is alot of golden and bronze tones to help add a little hint of zing to that daily look you may have. Just a dab of this and your good to go. It also blends like a dream. They are very shimmery and some shades because of the texture being so soft can fallout a little. I found a little fan brush just took that away or tape to catch the little fallout. Also if you do press too hard then some chalkiness may happen, but now I'm used to the pressure needed thats not an issue no more.


This palettes colours will not make you look disco at all and the glitter is kept to the blending you do and also with a good primer will stay as well. I'm so very impressed with these shadows that if you come across a palette in your travels, swatch that particular one and see if the pigment payoff is as good.  I've heard a few can be hit and miss so this Is why I say try before if you can. But the Star-Gazer defiantly gets a thumbs up in my book and has been used a lot in my looks this week. So keep an eye out for it. It will be listed in my what i use lists and will show the true pigments and blend ability.


Have you seen La Colors or used any of there products ? 




3 comments:

  1. I have a whole bunch of LA color palettes. They aren't the best quality of course but they work well when you want to do simple looks or need a color to compliment other palettes that you have. I like the first palette that you got, the shadows look very pigmented.

    If you like you can check out the palettes I have here
    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/2013/04/la-colors-eye-shadow-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for the money they are good and il be heading over to your blog for a look , thanks babes x

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...