Saturday 16 March 2013

Birchbox - March 2013




So new birchbox arrival and I must say the quality of these boxes is quite wonderful and back to beauty box premiums.

Now whilst i was quite upset to recieve this box as I think the other version would have suited me better.
I'm happy with my products.

So the contents are

Laura Geller - Inkwell Waterproof gel liner in Black
Molton Brown - Valbonne Fragrance
RMK - Cleansing balm
La Sultane de saba - Body lotion with argan oil
Yu-Be - Moisturising skin cream

Extras
Sanctuary - 30 day thermal Transformation mask
Lindt - Lindor heart tin


So in the box as always is the Birchbox magazine.
Now to the contents, i must admit i was hoping for the other box as I'm a makeup nerd and i love anything that i can try to make my foundation more flawless. Now saying that I'm happy with this box as i spied one product i really love and adore using. 
As people may know i love Gel eyeliner, i think the cat flick look is just fabulous and so sexy. Now Laura geller is a brand i know and her spackle line of flawless finish makeup. So I'm really excited to try this and its a generous full size. So will last a while for me.
Now the next product is the Sanctuary 30 day thermal mask which i have tried in various other boxes and loved but my mother in law likes it more so it will be finding a home with her. I have tried it and its left my skin feeling lovely but i just prefer my clarisonic at the minute and i don't want to tilt my routine.
So now moving on to the Molton Brown fragrance, now i know molton brown range of shower gels and creams, which are just luxiourous. Now its a mix of bergamot and orange flower. Personally not to my taste but i have a friend that loves this so it will be again off to a lovely home.



Now the Yu-be tiny tube sample of cream which is japanese by branding, fairly generous as literally a dab of this and it melts to spread quite far. I used this on my lips and its did leave them moisturised plus its multi functional. Can be used on dry patches and any places you need a dab of cream. These mini samples usually go in my bag for when I'm out at the hospital and the air conditioning is killing the hydration in my skin and lips. It smells to me like eucalyptus oil and I'm not keen on that but as it says it doesn't stay with you long and then you cannot notice the smell. So handy little sample.

Now the lindt heart shaped chocolates, they are lovely and well chocolate and beauty items... yes please, but still on lent so hubby has my heart right now.

The final 2 products are the RMK - cleansing balm and i have to be honest i really do not like rose scents and this is just really not my kind of balm. Rose i suppose is just so associated with older women and yes its wrong but im young and i like fruity scents or something with a bit of zazz. I hope that makes sense.....Ive been wanting to try RMK for ages and i just think they could have picked a better product, but i will try it in the future and report back with a separate post.

Finally the La sultane da Saba body lotion with Argan oil, smells lovely and the little bottle is cute but i will probably only get a few uses out of this as i cream twice a day, so I'm looking forward to using it as i love argan oil infused body creams and body butters. 


So yes whilst i am a little disappointed i am happy to see the beauty box back to its usual quality and new brands plus products, decent sizes and just value for your money. Yes your not going to always get things you like but id rather that so i know what to avoid and what i will love. The sizes are generous so you can get a good gauge of what works and if it works for you. Im happy and whoop NO TEA !! Chocolate i don't mind if I'm getting a vast array of product and not in place of a product. 
So i can say I'm happy and excited to see what new brands will come in next month.

So did you get birchbox ? Was your box this one or the other ? 

1 comment:

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...