Monday 28 January 2013

NARS Blush,Lippy and Illuminator



NARS is a high-end well known brand for its pigmented blushes with some well quite frisky names like orgasm,deep thoat and sin.
Ive seen and lushed over this range for a while and well took the plunge, i wanted to try it out for myself and really go to town with a pigmented blush and lippy. My burberry lippie is my favourite colour and ive been looking to find one similiar or stick to that colour catchment.


So products

  • Blush - Mata Hari

Swatch

This is an amazing colour and i love dusky pinks as colours for blush so it really did call to me as i tried and i say tried, as picking a first NARS blush is like well picking a penny for a sweetie. You have so many how do you pick one ? lol
Lovely fine milled feeling with a little on a contouring brush you have alot of payoff colour wise. So with your first then please little and build up. I nearly went well over the limit lol
Is my first and wont be my last.

  • Nars Lipstick - Scarlett Empress

Swatch

Wow if the blush is pigmented then flip me noodles, these lippies are just pow-wow pigmented. They are silky and lovely to the lip. It was easy to apply and didnt bleed as some higher pigments can do. Also it doesnt stain aswell as ive known again some to do. The colour i picked was because its not shocking pink again i thought it would look amazing with the duskiness of the blush.
I adore this and i know people rave about MAC but i felt the swatch pan over-whelming as too what to get where as NARS was just lovely to have a set and pick my favourite. Well this was my favourite of 2 shades.

  • Orgasm Illuminator


Now i know this is a well known product so i had to read abit about how to use this to its best, i wont lie it confused me as its really quite a watery texture.
So i applied a pea size dollop on the back of my hand and made a circle and then took a stipple to wipe my finger and dip on my hand then apply above the blush just under my eye. You dont need alot and it was a really brightener for the eyes.
Ive been told you can use this as a brightener to add to lotions and make tinted or boost a tan etc, i dont think id use it in any way for that as well im happy with the results as an illuminator.


and the finished result............


Plus i used Urban decays Basics palatte on my eyes to achieve this look so the review for this palatte is further down.

2 comments:

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...