Sunday 13 October 2013

Urban Decay - Naked Skin Ultra definition Pressed finishing Powder



Well wow we all knew the Urban decay Naked range, but never did I see this little beauty popping up in my wildest dreams. I'm so glad I did purchase this. 

They say
It’s the next evolution in Naked Skin. Designed to be virtually invisible once applied, our high-tech, jet-milled powder has an insanely silky texture that feels amazing on your skin. Optical blurring pigments instantly minimize imperfections, diminish shine and create a stunning soft-focus effect that looks professionally retouched.  Unlike powders that leave skin looking chalky or cakey, Naked Skin Finishing Powder gives you a radiant complexion and NATURAL-looking Naked coverage. (And just wait until you see how it enhances the already-luminous finish of Naked Skin Beauty Balm and Naked Skin Liquid Makeup.) 
Our gorgeous gunmetal and champagne custom compact is so luxe, it even has a Naked-embossed push button. The top compartment includes a full-size mirror—perfect for on-the-go touchups—and a separate compartment underneath holds the applicator sponge. When you’re done applying, just slip the case into the pretty carrying pouch to keep it protected in your bag. 



In light of the Naked skin and Beauty balm it only made sense that a powder followed. This is packaged beautifully firstly, inside you expect just a compact but no not Urban decay. They don't do "just" makeup they make it so your purchase is one of consistent awe. The bag it comes within is just something we come to expect of high end powders. Then I think why ? Maybe other companies should take note and yes a fancy fabric maybe just that but it separates it from its rivals. Now I know that the product is just as important however the thought to see the consumer is not disappointed you can see in this product, from start to finish. 


So there is a fair selection but I did see that swatches showed it does come up lighter so I did go for the medium light instead of light. As I didn't want it to make me look ghostly. 


Again its buttery to the touch and a lovely fine milled powder that applies lovely and I really like the poof for touch ups. So I've left it included in the compact, I don't feel like this would shatter easy in my bag and even thought the purple bag is lovely. If that was to happen my bag wouldn't be ruined as it would be contained in this bag. So its so unique in its concept that I really do prefer this to my Mac sheer pressed powder, I feel its a better powder for my skin in texture and just look wise. I don't find the colour match too easy is my only critasism as I feel if they have a naked skin foundation surely the colour matching should be to the foundation produced. It just makes sense in my book, but it probably will come in when more shades are released. 
I find my MAC is good but needs more touching up and can go cakey if I overuse, so while the naked can come across being more yellow then the MAC NC25, I don't know I just feel I haven't needed to touch up at all and it also with the naked had the buttery nature to offer another layer of coverage. If you don't want a heavy cream foundation then you can go for a light-Medium coverage and use this to add additional coverage.

Overall I can't say which I prefer as I love my MAC powder for reasons (doesn't break me out, less yellow and easier to shade match)  and I love the naked by Urban decay for other reasons. (Buttery, extra coverage, compact and easy to use, more sturdy packaging) Being of the same price range the only way I can say which il prefer is now, value for money to which I hit pan on and which one makes my skin not dry out as much. I will probably move from the MAC NC25 to the Prep and prime blot powder when I do hit pan as I have the NARS which I love but it's not a blot powder so I will probably invest in that. I hoard compacts as I love them lol it's my thing ... I'm bad I know.... 



2 comments:

  1. Recently Naked has become one of my favourite makeup brand due to its really awesome products and this is no exception to it. If someone wants to have some good cosmetic treatment http://www.cosmedocs.com/ is high on recommendation.

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...