Monday 8 April 2013

High street fashion week - Kiss like daisy


Kiss Like Daisy




“ CAN’T GET THE DREAM JOB? MAKE YOUR DREAM JOB”

Tired of sending out applications and being rejected for even unpaid work, student Katy Louise Dyer decides to become her own boss. Katy left Brunel University with a 2:1 Bachelor of Science degree in June 2011 and straight away went looking for that dream fashion job. “During those summer months in 2011, I easily sent over one hundred applications, some for paid and unpaid work, even though I had not studied fashion, I knew this was the career path I wanted to take”, says Katy. 

Katy eventually stuck gold in and secured an internship with Luna and Curious, a ceramics and jewellery boutique in East London and this is where the business idea came about. “ I saw how the boutique made money from selling their own work and others which made me think why don’t I do the same, I know how to use a sewing machine”, she adds.


kisslikedaisy, an acronym of Katy’s initials, is an online fashion boutique selling all handmade accessories for women, from hair accessories, bags, hats to jewellery. Katy is completely self-taught and has managed to create her own fashion job in just a year whilst juggling two jobs. “ I thought of the idea in August 2011 and have worked on it every day for just over a year. I’ve had to learn and do everything myself, from making the products, securing the trademark to designing and managing the website. It’s been incredibly hard work; however I now have the fashion business I always dreamt of”, 


It would be impossible for Katy to fund the business without another means of income; therefore she is currently in the process of looking for another higher paid steady job. Since adding the business to her CV she has found she has had more interest from employers than ever before. Just shows how hard work can really pay off! Daisy was launched December 2012 and is currently a lifestyle brand but Katy is ready to grow the business and conquer the fashion world!




Visit www.kisslikedaisy.co.uk to browse the shop. All pieces are designed and handmade solely by Katy and her aim is to inspire young women to explore their style and creativity but still at affordable high streets prices. The store currently boosts over 50 products. 


Dear Layla Boutique will showcase in the High Street Fashion Week pop up boutique.






No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...