Sunday 30 June 2013

Illamasqua - Hydra Veil




Having been a massive fan of illamasqua and the boldness of the shades they offer. The innovative and amazing creators of illamasqua have done it again with the paranormal collection. Along with this collection came the release of a new and innovative Hydration and primer system. 

They say 
Create a radiant finish with Hydra Veil's instantly rehydrating, gel formula. Providing the optimal base for your make-up, apply before foundation with an Illamasqua Brush.

The product I wanted and was most excited about was hydra veil and yes it's pricey ( £27 for 30ml ) but for a dry skin lass like myself, I needed to see if this holds up to the claims. 


Illamasqua new paranormal collection has been the most exciting and inspirational collection I've seen this season. I really love the boldness of illamasqua products and already own the metal 4 palette as a bit of a difference and boldness to my collection. I am contemplating buying ESP and the palette but I defiantly wanted the new and innovative hydra veil primer/moisturiser.


Now not only is the product innovative but the packaging too is something new too. There is a spoon included so you can measure out a portion size (Pea sized) dot. Now when i say this was very clever of a approach it was, the consistency is a runny jelly and when you remove some. There is a slight indent in where you removed the small amount but the jelly reforms and then becomes one smooth surface again. Its really something to be seen, if you can visit your local store then try it. 
Now this small amount you may think is crazy that it could even cover one cheek let alone your whole face but believe me do not be over tempted to add more or use another spoon as it will be too much. One spoon is plenty and spreads over the face in a delicate and light fashion that its really quite cooling as well as being soothing to the skin. I could also feel it tightening as well so the plumping actions must be working. The pores were not visible so i was very impressed. It moisturised my skin so well as a primer that the amount of foundation i needed was cut down and also concealer was minimal. I really am impressed with this product. 

Yes, its not a cheap product but the amount you need and the spoon provided make sure you wont over-use and then end up scraping the sides for the last drops. I defiantly made the mistake of over using and didn't take a exact spoon just let it flail over the sides. It was far too much and i had to then wait ages for it to dry and the tightening feeling was quite apparent. So yes keep to the spoon amount they have given you as its the right amount.  I will repurchase this when its finished as for dry skin this is a god-send. 




2 comments:

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...