Thursday 27 June 2013

Amie Skincare - Morning Dew Matte finish Moisturiser

So having tried Amie skincare's Facial masks before i was keen to trial the Moisturiser that is part of a 3 step programme to help combat acne and problem skin. As my skin is not too badly suffering from blemishes (I do however get bad acne around the monthly time which is quite sore). asked to try the moisturiser as i have a dry skin type. This is the area i felt i could see if amie would really help me in. 

What Amie say 

Amie is the natural skin care and beauty range for sensitive skin, created by top beauty expert, Fiona Parkhouse. Bursting with natural plant and botanical extracts and free from harsh chemicals, Amie products are gentle yet super-effective,  Ideal for sensitive skin that can be oily and prone to breakouts or dryness, they have been especially designed to work in complete harmony with your skin to help keep it clear, soft and radiant. Amie’s high-quality products are completely free from parabens , sulphates, mineral oils, petrochemicals, animal extracts and are suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Lovingly created in the UK, Amie – meaning “friend” in French –  is truly “your skin’s best friend”.

So the 3 step programme being that of most starting with the Cleanse, Treat then Moisturise. Having gone for the Moisturise i then sat and read the information regarding the cream. Now its said that the Moisturiser contained 90% natural ingredients  and works hard to revel a soft and dewy, shine free completion. Containing Bilberry, Vitamin E and rose hip.
Given that this is a moisturiser to help with oil control and maintaining a moisture balance i did use this as a moisturiser before i applied my makeup, after washing in the morning. I would then apply this before anything else, as although i do not suffer from oily skin i do find in the summer my skin can become oily in places around my T-zone and i would apply pressed powder during the day. We all know this can look cakey if applied over the day layer upon layer. Now its not been that hot to see that sort of appearance to my skin. However my skin does get dry and this moisturiser did help with that. Making sure there was a sufficient layer of hydration being given before i would apply my primer. It is a light cream that soaks in really nice and absorbs well into the skin. Plus it didn't build up which is another area that can cause skin to become blocked and create skin blemishes and acne. Again this didn't clog the skin in any way. 
I really liked this cream and have been using it in the morning for my makeup routine so that its light enough to use before makeup plus absorbs in quickly. Now i have even used this in the evening when i don't have anything to hand and my skin hasn't broken out in dry patches.
I'm really thinking that naturally I should be including more chemical free treatments into my regime as with environmental factors, how much good am I doing my skin? Not alot is my guess , so with this being said I will be using this up (nearly compleate already) as I found it made my nails just as soft too when I was massaging this into my face and decolatage area. I would recommend this as a staple moisturiser and I am not of an oily (bar around my monthly period time and also now my hormones are imbalanced) complextion to comment fully on if this will leave you fully matte but I can say that its been lovely to use and the real test to see if this keeps everything matte will be come the end of summer and we have had more hotter days where my skin is more oily in places. For dry skin this is a lovely moisturiser that will quickly absorb into the skin with ease. Plus no clogged pores with my heavy full coverage had ensured that I do not end up with out-breaks all the time. 
This will be coming with me in my handbag when I'm on appointments. 
So im loving including more natural creams and skincare systems as I'm finding that they do keep my skin hydrated and wont have it breaking out as i would believe my skin might do. More naturally sourced ingredients and kinder to the skins natural balance is what we should be going towards. I found this to be really light and at only £4.25 for 100ml its is a affordable skincare to purchase and upkeep if you find it works for you. 
Do with my blog hitting a year soon will this make my 
*Taras treats summer bag selection
*Taras treats top 5 Natural products 
*Taras treats top Makeup releases
Or not so great lists coming up in the end of August ? What products would you see on these lists and have you tried Amie ? 


1 comment:

  1. I really like Amie as a brand xx

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...