Thursday 29 August 2013

BeautyUK - New CC cream, Pressed powder, palette in amazon




As we have seen this year has brought with it amazing drugstore makeup. Continually pushing the boundaries and improving formulas to give women more choice and to ensure that quality is the main aspect when it comes to products. I've once again been given the amazing opportunity to review for BeautyUK, whom are an affordable and one of those companies bringing quality to the table.

They say
CC Cream - Lightweight, hydrating and colour correcting cream that will keep your skin safe under the sun with an impressive SPF 30! Contains light reflecting pigments that illuminate the skin to give a radiant and flawless complexion.  Incredible performance at a fraction of the price of other CC creams on the market.

Compact face powder - Achieve lightweight, enhanced coverage from this must have compact powder. Presented in a gorgeous glossy black case with flip lid, large mirror and applicator puff.



Eyeshadow/Gel liner palette in (2 Amazon) - WINNER! - Best New Eye Product 2011 at the Pure Beauty awards in London. Everything you could want in a palette! A collection of our 6 intensely pigmented shades and 2 gel-based liners - More precise than a pencil, more forgiving than a liquid, this super-smooth formula offers more control, play time, and build-able coverage than your average liner


So firstly I was sent the new CC cream and (numb.2) Amazon palette. The powder I bought myself plus another amazon palette for my sister in law. 

Lets start with the packaging, I like BeautyUK's style with packaging. The black and white keeps it simple on the compact, whilst the CC cream is a simple concept but looks impressive. It certainly does not give the impression they have comprised the packaging for quality products, in my opinion.


The CC cream is SPF 30 which is fabulous for those of you whom are jetting to hot countries as autumn descends. I'm in the colour 10 natural and that's the only downside to the product is the colour spectrum. Now that's not just BeautyUK that's all makeup brands. 

So the coverage is light whilst being hydrating and it gives a nice healthy glow, does even out minor skin tones issues. I just needed a little more tapped on my birth mark area, then all was even.
I actually would say this is a CC cream I would use when it's a daily for light coverage.


Now the powder again is number 1 to go with the fair shade. I would love for companies just to have a page chart. So I can just look for my skin tone, then look on that line. What CC cream, powder, foundation and concealer etc shade is
best suited for me.(*not just BeautyUK all brands) 

Anyways the powder is soft and buttery which threw me a bit, as there was no wastage. It all was on my brush lightly tapped the excess. It is lightweight with a powder puff. Personally i dont use them at home, I love my RT powder brush. I do however leave it in the powder for touch ups when I'm at the hospital.  It's soft on application plus it doesn't highlight blemishes or go cakey on the dry areas. So highly impressed with this powder.


Now to the eyeshadow/gel-liner palette in Amazon (2) award winning. I have used the posh palette and shadow palette in glitz, which are highly pigmented plus they offer exceptional quality. So the colours in the Amazon palette are again pigmented, easily blend-able plus don't give much fall out considering there are some pretty shimmer shades. Even the white shadow which in most palettes is quite a find. This will bring out all the shades in the palette brighter if a light layer of white is applied, plus a great highlight for the inner eye. 
Again the shadows are amazing pigment for the price and also the top layer is by far my favourite combination. However I have used the coral colour on my lid, taken the top middle gold from the tear duct then blended this with the coral. Then use the smallest brush and add the black for the smokey and defined finish to the eye.  

Eyeshadow with the dark liner pressed with an angled brush in a thin liner

Now the one odd thing is the liners look navy and brown. I saw the blue liner, payoff on colour is again excellent and true to the palette. It's a drier formula so if you prefer liquid, then I would suggest using a damp brush or mix medium to make it more liquid. Then to make sure the colour is intense, set the liner with a powder of the liners colour. 
Now you come to the brown and when I swatches it, I expected a dark chocolate brown. Instead under the brown lawyer was a dark mix colour of the brown, navy and black. I liked it as the colours all tie together with the shadows in the pan.

The CC Cream and Powder Coverage

Overall I really liked the CC Crean with the compact as it gave a nice finish and felt nice on the skin. My eye look was  I found to be easy to achieve, as the palette makes it easy to choose and blend a combination. Mix of matte and shimmer but no fallout so I was impressed.
The liner however was hard to apply with the brush included (used it to see if it was good). It wasn't and very scratchy so I went back to my brushes and found it to apply like a dream. It is a dryish formula to apply. However I'm not sure if I could use a mixing medium to make it softer to
work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...