Friday 1 November 2013

Birchbox October 2013

So I did take a break from beauty boxes and then was sent the preview of the October box. I was so impressed with the contents that I decided to give Birchbox another go. Im so glad I did as you will see the quality is amazing this month. 

They say :
Co-founders Hayley Barna and Katia Beauchamp met at Harvard Business School. They created Birchbox to help consumers cut through the clutter of the retail world to find products that really work for them. Based in New York City, Birchbox launched in September 2010 and acquired JolieBox in September 2012. To date, Birchbox has shipped over 5,000,000 Birchboxes globally and currently has a global subscriber base of over 400,000 people. Birchbox has been featured by Time, Bloomberg Businessweek, InStyle and Marie Claire, among others.

So this months box was #BBXbuzz theme.

So the contents :
Laura Mercier - Foundation primer 
TheBalm Cosmetics - Stainiac
Egyptian Magic - 
Dr Bragt - Microdermabrasion treatment 
KMS California - Curl Up
Dr lipp - Nipple lip balm
      ----------------------------
Chia Shots (Birchbox extra) 

So can I just say wow amazing box, for starters the contents are all products I've been dying to try. They are decent samples sizes to get a great impression, if I like them enough to purchase full sized. 


So the first four let's run down on : 

Laura Mercier : Foundation primer
One of the most talked about products on the blogging network. This is the one product I want to see if it lives up to all the hype. I have my holy grail primer and I want to see if this primer will give me the same effect. 

KMS California : Curl Up
KMS California is a well known product and I've seen this brand many times. I'm so glad Birchbox are actually using the profiles, I also recieved a hair product for my "Curly hair". I'm so happy its targeted towards my hair type. I cannot wait to use this product.

Dr Brandt's - Microdermabrasion treatment 
Well I've heard of the respected Dr Brandt's skincare range and have tried some sample products. However I've not had a decent sized sample like this to trial and gain a decent opinion on the range. 


TheBalm Cosmetics - Stainiac
This is a beautiful colour stain that is for lips and cheeks. Now I don't usually use a stain as I find you need to work exceptionally quick if you wish this as a cheek colour, as i did find it dries super quick. 


Chia Shots - Green smoothie
These are a extra from Birchbox and I don't usually like these extras, as I'm not wanting health items like tea and suppliments. I can't take them for medical reasons so I do end up giving these away. I don't mind but I'd love a option to either a beauty tool or health option.  However with this box I'm not bothered by this addition, I am happy with all the products I want to try.



So what can I say other then I'm so glad i signed up to Birchbox again if this is the current standard of products being sent out. I could not say other then the Chia shots there is one product I'm unhappy with, each were to my skin type and also hair type which just goes to show maybe the profiles are being utilised now. So roll onto the next Birchbox for November and its contents.



Did you receive the October birchbox ? What did you receive ? 



1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I am trying to decide on a box right now.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...