Sunday 2 March 2014

Zenmed - Skincare review




Now Zenmed is a company not known by many here in the UK, but it's well renound in the USA. I had a look at there very informative,educating website plus the product range. Navigation on the website is clear for certain skin conditions. When I was asked if I'd like to try some for my skin issues, i was thrilled. 


I have scarring along with psoriasis during times of the year, so my skin when not flared can lack pigmentation. So when I was reading the product information, I aimed to sample something for dry skin plus help my scarring I have. I was so kindly sent these and they have lasted me so long. They have also helped by preventing very dry days, assisting the moisturiser to really absorb. So being able to maintain this moisture level, through a hugely stressful month held off a flare up from becoming worse. (Psoriasis can cover more area of the body during a "flare up" , caused usually by stress/infection/ allergies etc).

- Renewing microdermabrasion complex 


They say ; 
This granular formulation is based in a mineral-heavy clay designed specifically to provide intensive dermabrasion on the surface of the skin. Does not leave any residue or greasiness. Ideal for use before treatments such as the Skin Eraser as it allows for better penetration of actives. Soap-free cleansing using the benefits of smooth Montmorillonite clay.

- This was probably my favourite product from the three I tested. It's a clay mask with small exfoliators within, so on removal it takes the excess dead skin away. Fantastic for if you have dry patches and want that soft feeling, before applying makeup or just general routine. I was so impressed and it made me feel so relaxed on application. Real feel of a spa mask, with the cleanliness you feel on removal is second to none. I definatly noticed my skin absorbed better after using this mask, as there was no dead skin in the way. However my skin was so absorbant that I would apply a serum/lotion, it would sink in that quickly I'd apply more thinking it was not enough. I didn't have that uncomfortable feeling of cream not absorbing at night and just sitting on the surface. Really think its a real asset to me, as minerals really help psoriasis plus the exfoliation is assisting removal of dead skin cells. 

- AVT Cream 


They say ; 
Revamped and improved! This product is renowned for its creaminess and soothing, anti-aging properties. With the addition of skin boosting peptides (Matrixyl), Hyaluronic Acid, and powerhouse healing oils Argan, Jojoba and Borage, this is the skin repairing moisturizer for dry, damaged, mature, and troubled skin. Ideal for damaged skin tissues commonly seen with Rosacea. 

- This is the lotion I used everyday, also if my skin had become dry in between the day/night regime. It's really nice so I depotted some into my handbag "cream tin", to have for when I'm at appointments. I loved how it was thick, then went so light on contact with the skin. It was easily absorbed and felt calming to massage in. Instant hydrating relief if your skin is not having a good day. Would recommend if your getting a treatment system, that needs a hydrating moisturising product. 

- Skin eraser 


They say ;
Ascorbic-Glycolic-Lactic acid fortified treatment effectively exfoliates the upper layers of the skin helping minimize imperfections, dullness, hyperpigmentation, discoloration, bumpiness and fine lines and wrinkles. 

- This product called the Skin eraser was to help with dullness, pigmentation issues etc. Totally new concept to me but I was very intrigued. It was best used I found after the microdermabrasion scrub with my evening routine. I did have a sense of tingling which subsided and left no breakouts or led me to stop. I just assumed my skin had such a full clean, that any cream would produce that tingly sensation.  So with my dullness I can see some improvements and my skin is not showing so many "ashy purple" areas. I've been ill lately so I'm not looking my best, but I've been told I've looked worse. So maybe it's helped in that small way. The pigmentation on the cheek areas I had are amazingly starting to fade. I don't have to conceal as harshly, plus I can choose a lighter coverage of foundation if I wished. I also noticed my nose is not as red, so I only use a tiny bit of concealer to balance the area. It's amazing how it was the main area I drew too conceal, then cover my face fully. Now I have options and can use less heavy makeup for the summer. Also with my cheeks not being so dry, the application of my makeup has been easier. 


Honestly I didn't think these products would perform as well as they have and just assumed a minor change. However  they have calmed my skin's problem areas,to a level I'm now comfortable. I don't stress about hiding the now minor areas on my face. I love the clay mask and will use this form of product to prepare my skin in future. As makeup is not going to cling to flaky patches and make me feel conscious. I can remove the smallest dry patches, you wouldn't know about until you come to apply your makeup. Makeup is a wonderful therapy to me, so having a smooth canvas to start with is alway a bonus. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...