Sunday 27 July 2014

Stargazer Cosmetics



I am so excited, to be given the opportunity to review for Stargazer. I have seen there products used by others. However I was taken aback by the abundance of colours. I was very kindly sent, a selection of products to try. 


They say : Stargazer was established in 1978 with the opening of a stall in the Great Gear Market on the Kings Road London. Kings Road was the centre of the punk fashion in London at the time, and it was this attitude towards colour and outrage that moulded many of the company’s ideas behind the ranges we produce. 

In the late 1980’s, we started to produce the products ourselves. Now in an effort to offer a wide range of cosmetics, hair colouring products. With a wild, colourful and in your face feel to them. Stargazer now is sold across the world. So be part of the Stargazer colour renaissance.


They say ; Pressed powder for blush/shadow application. Wide array of colours that will meet any requirements. Made up of both matt and shimmery shades. This is an example of how descriptives, separate a matte from a shimmer or any other finish. 
E.g : Black - matt finish
        Black gold - shimmery finish

Ice Rose, Champagne, Ice Peach and Bronze

So the eyeshadows I had to try were mostly shimmer, I would use for inner eye highlighting (Except the bronze). I have many looks I want to do. So the feel of the eyeshadow is very light, a fine milled buttery texture. Each of the shadows gives excellent pigmentation of colour. I'd say Ice rose, was the only one I found to be a let down. It's almost a loose glitter on appearenece. I would possibly use this, to jazz up a loved matte shade.


The bronze is by far my favourite shade. As it's effortless and versatile with any base, then blend in some bronze for day time. There you have a beautiful look or for night to transition the shade with some more golds/bronze, any shade to really make this bronze give you so many options. So these shadows are so pigmented, affordable and blend like a dream. You choices of looks is endless and if you want a particular shade, you haven't found as yet for rich colour. Then i would highly recommend looking into Stargazer's colour chart.


They say :  All the Eye Dust colours give you a fine shimmered effect, which can be applied by hand or make up brush. The colours are dense and give a good strong finish on the skin. 


In the past I've not had much joy with eye dust's, because of the fallout. However now I use paper tape to catch it. I must say that the colours are just stunning. The packaging needs some work, but that will be in my overall conclusion below. So eye dusts can be patted on with a dry brush, or finger as they say. I would suggest using a tacky primer, to adhere the eye dust. 

Now I personally love the Pink and Taupe/brown shade. I use pink as a pop of colour, more the vivid shade to the pastel. The Taupe/brown shade is so unique, as it has so many component's when you look up close. You couldn't say it's one particular shade. The pastel pink and blue dusts, I think are mixed with some form of duochrome's.


The hot pink and orange are my kind of colours. Orange for a beautiful sunset eye, or flash of something different to the cheeks. The hot pink could be combined with the orange for the sunset look. 
Personally I would use the Hot pink for a daring flash of colour, dampen my brush. Then flick the brush to give a speckled effect over my eye. Then continue with selected dusts to build, a unique and quirky look. I can't fault the Eye dust's, pigmentation in my swatches show's a little goes a long way. The colours are unique, the quality is just amazing. Also the amount of product, you receive is very generous. Plus the quality is second to none. 


They say : Pressed bronzer giving a  bronzed glow with a slight shimmer. Great for a year round summer look. 


I really like this bronzer and I know it may sound a little daft. This is probably the only bronzer I can comfortably layer.  Without feeling like I need to count, taps to dabs of product for the right amount. Plus then blend till my hand is stuck in "brush hold pose". I'm happy with one layer, for a gentle sweep of colour too my temples and cheeks. I would even use this after my setting powder, as a light sun-kissed colour without needing fake tan. Below I've shown the colour payoff blending's of product. To give a visual as to what I'm trying to explain. 


They say ; A exotic, bright and natural range of lipsticks colours. The lipsticks are available in a variety of colours and finishes (matt, gloss and pearl) and have a long lasting colour.


Lipsticks are one product I'm most fond of but i love rich and vivid colours. Looking at the swatches of the three shades i have, I shall purchase from Stargazer in future. As I love to experiment with makeup and colour, not usual to the market but mostly to professional's. However i have found that jewel in the crown, that gives me such quality to turn my visions into real life. The lipsticks above just give such rich depth of colour, without being dehydrating and patchy. They apply and wear as well. Given that as with all lip products, I say exfoliate and nourish before hand (This goes for affordable as well as High end). I do love that these lipsticks can be ombre so well, the colours just are made for each other. Plus the Red on the left gives the hint of raspberry tones with muted pinks. They are stunning to work with.



So my full rundown into the products I've viewed so far. The Eyeshadows and Eye-Dusts are beautiful and the formula is a rich texture. I would say the only one i found hard to work with was the Ice Rose. This was more suited to inner small highlighting and minor detailing, in which only small sections would need this shade. I would advise the Ice peach instead as this could do the same highlighting but be used on a broader scale. Really this was a minor flaw i found with one shadow, overall they are pigmented and blend fantastic. Im going to be purchasing most of the green shades, as i can never find rich enough greens.

(This next issue is not a reflection of the product). I would advise Stargazer to consider sifter pots, for any loose powder products. So as you opened the lid, there would be no loss of product. As I found that when opening/sealing, some product was trapped in the ledges. It was unfortunate to see such good product, end up on a baby wipe then going to good use. Not complaining as the products are affordable and very generous in quantity. I just would love to see it all go to good use. 

Each Stargazer product had me in awe at the quality and just sheer affordability. I went to see what other products i would be ordering, as i wish to do a part 2 review. Venturing to more supplies so i can showcase many looks. Apologies this review did not come with a look, i will showcase a variety via my Instagram this week. So to round this review up, Stargazer have a vast selection and i would highly recommend you have a wander over to the site. 


(Nail polishes : All of the Stargazer Nail polishes, are made from high quality materials. A wild and magical nail polish colour range. Including glitter and a bright fluorescent range. Every bottle contains a ball-bearing for fast mixing.)

I was also kindly sent 3 Nail polishes but as many of you know my hands are quite swollen still. So i will be doing a full review for the Nail polishes alone. As they really deserve proper swatches as well as a run down on wear time, chipping etc. They are beautiful and i cannot wait to share with you the colours passed onto me. Also i would love to hear feedback to any products you would love to see ? Im going to put in a big order, as i really want to venture into Stargazer's products more. 






1 comment:

  1. I used to LOVE Stargazer when I was a teen! Had a fluorescent pink shadow and matching nail polish I wore to death! I love the look of the pink eye dust, very tempting xo

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...