Friday 21 June 2013

Helen E cosmetics


My passion is about building confidence and my plan is to convert the nation to Helen É. My make-up is good for all ages and skin tones, for everyone... everyday!
Helen Elowe, Founder and Managing Director
-
Helen - E cosmetics are well known at the moment for alot of glossybox subscribers whom may have had the nice surprise of a product this month.
I have already used and love my Helen-E eye pencils as they are smooth and pigmented. 
So I was so happy to be given a chance to review some more of the range.

The eye lights pen is a brightener and takes a fair few clicks to get product to show. It is quite a liquidy highlight and can tend to need alot to be seen but used in the right place. It's too liquidy and transparent for me so i did not find this effective at all. I would not purchase this on use as it didn't make my dark circles or bags any less noticeable. As you can see below the consistency and the very pink toned liquid. Now I don't know if its because I'm cool toned this isn't working as I would need a more yellow based concealer to balance out the greyness. However i do know a pink toned highlight is better as works more in favour of getting rid of grey so i think this is a product i need to work with more and maybe my bags are just a bit beyond and need heavy duty polyfiller. 


Next was the Eye primer and this I love, it reminds me of Mac's paint pot in soft oche/painterly and totally gives a skin toned flesh base look that was brilliant. I have some red and blue veins as most of us do on my lid and this made my lid one consistsant colour. I only needed a dot (the one above would be 4-5 applications  easily) it literally is a dab on your finger then blends in like a dream. 
I found it took the packing of eyeshadow on very well and also I liked that it didn't dry quick so I could use this for really intense looks and will be using this in next weeks IMATS inspired looks to really get an amazing base. I would repurchase this product and also look if more shades are available. 


So with the Oil free compact it is a creamy and although looks very dark in the compact blends out to a really nice coverage. I still will need to warm my skin a little with a touch of facial tan and use this within some makeup looks I'm doing this week. As I'm very eager to use this compact and i think it will give a heavenly base for some of the looks i have planned to showcase for IMAT's. 


The love blush is a pressed powder and it has a warm tone to it, very soft and easily blend able this powder is very sheer and hardly noticeable to touch however it is pigmented so a light hand is needed if of a pale complextion. Easily blend able I found this to be the perfect powder when I needed a little light colour and warmth to my cool toned skin. It can easily multi task to a blush or bronzer given is warm light dusky pink tone. I would be able to use this very lightly to give a warm glow and not need much or any facial makeup for a very natural summer look. Very impressed with the feel and nature of this powders capabilities. 


I have put the eyeliner in grey above I have used and also the lipstick on to show the amazing pigment. It's a rich deep red on the lips and less orange looking then in the tubes picture. It's in the shade Vegas and I really love this. It's a compact tube plus it makes the lips look plump and heathy. Not drying at all and it didn't make my lips look dry, considering red can be pretty unforgiving.
They grey eyeliner is very soft and applies well too the upper eyelids as well as the bottom with no dragging or scratchy feeling.  Blends out if you don't want a harsh line but also is a nice finish to a smokey eye look and can make the black pop. 

I'm really surprised by the quality in general of Helen-E cosmetics. The blush powder is a buttery cream feeling powder with easy blend ability and pigment, so its great value plus the compact is really classy looking. I love the eye primer as a base and also the eyeliner which I found rich and pigmented, as was the lipstick. I only found a problem with the eye lights which was far to pink and loose consistency for me to see any evident difference.
I will be using a bit of tan to showcase the oil free makeup better in a look as I really think this creamy base will be amazing at giving a great coverage and it feels light when I have tried it in my hand. So I think with summer this will be a fantastic one stop compact for a hydrating coverage and lack of oil so it won't slide on oily skins. Yet its creamy enough for normal/combo and dry skins. 

So I will do my next look with this compact to show coverage. Plus also Helen-E supports cancer research UK and there brand ambassador Katrina is below with a bit more about her and how she came to be the face of the brand.


Katrina

The beautiful face of Helen É Cosmetics
We're so proud to have Katrina Leeder as the continuing face
of Helen É Cosmetics and are honoured to work with someone
of such courage.

Katrina has fought life threatening cancer on several occasions and undergone
many major operations as a result. Despite her illnesses she has gone on to raise twin
daughters Freya and Clarissa with here husband Julian and star in the BAFTA Award
nominated documentary 'Airline'.

One episode, featuring her marriage to Julian, was watched by over thirteen
million viewers. Wherever Katrina goes she creates a huge buzz with her
energy and charm and her flawless natural beauty makes her the perfect
ambassador for Helen É Cosmetics.

Helen É supports Cancer Research UK donating 25p from every website

order received to the charity.




No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...