Tuesday 11 February 2014

MAC - Viva glam Rihanna edition (Lipstick)



So one of MAC's charitable causes is the Viva glam range. It's a charity that gives all proceeds to help world HIV/AIDS causes. Inspired powerful figures come together and collaborate to make a lipstick or lipgloss to raise funds. I happily and proudly purchased the lipstick and lipgloss. As with all the Viva glam lipsticks they are exceptional quality and colours. 


They say ; 
Rihanna's blue-red with frost finish. The full R.R.P less V.A.T from the sale of this lipstick and lipglass goes towards helping women, men and children everywhere affected by HIV/AIDS. Limited-edition, soft-touch red packaging features RiRi's signature.


So Rihanna has been the "It" girl for the 2013 season with multiple collaborations being released. I did manage to purchase some of the collection and love the pieces I do have. However this final offering was a fine send off to a worthy MAC girl. I will cut the review into lipstick then lipgloss. 

Packaging - so the packaging is a darkened blacked red, almost ombré effect. Has a suede like feel to it and as with all collections by celebrities, signed tube within. 


Lipstick - Was described on the site as a frost red with blue tones. Now I'm a blue toned any lover as it makes my makeup sing. Just on my personal preference and why I probably own most blue toned MAC lipsticks. I just love how they look and feel. Plus the frost isn't so bad on and feels almost like a creamsheen to me. (again the creamsheens and amplified are what I gravitate too) It feels hydrating and looks in my opinion fabulous, little hints catch the light on this beautiful shade. I'm so happy I purchased this. 


Applied 

I will be reviewing the Lipgloss when it arrives. 
Did you purchase the Viva glam lipstick set ? What do you think about the whole Rihanna collaboration over the year and do you own any of the collection. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...