Tuesday 19 April 2016

Busy bee stationary : April edition



Ive been posting about my passion for writing. This is the second month of the Busy bee subscription box. I loved last month's edition. 
About : We run a monthly stationery subscription box for busy bees. We enjoy the feeling of putting pen to paper. We love to journal. We are mad about planners. We like to stay in touch with loved ones "the old-fashioned way". Each month we send our subscribers a curated box of beautiful stationery - the contents are always a surprise! Our boxes typically include 5-10 items. We choose items that inspire creativity and help you with your everyday note-taking, planning, journaling and letter writing. Our boxes are always built around a theme, season, or specific creative project. Receive amazing products from brands like Heidi Swapp, Write Notepads, Gorjuss, Impression Paperie and more.

April's content's 
Content's : 
- Busy bee travelling notebook
- Set of 5 pencil's and sharpener
- Stamp (date and decorative) 
- 3 travel charms 
- 36 stationary card's (travel themed)
- Distress ink (Mermaid lagoon)
- Click pen 
- Travel stickers (4 sheet's) 
- Distress ink (Mermaid lagoon)
Distress ink is the best and has a vast array of colours. This is a mermaid blue with a hint of green, its a small size not suitable for the stamper included which is a shame. This would have been a great ink to use. 

- Stamp (date and decorative)
I love this stamp as i have a very similar one only with the patterns are instead of sayings and no date also. This is really unique and I really like it. However il have to purchase an ink pad to fit the length, not a huge grumble but I would have loved to use it with my other item's. 
- Set of 5 pencil's and sharpener
The pencil's have numerous lovely statements on them, they come with a pretty standard metal sharpener. Very sturdy and I like that I can use when I need supply, not pre-sharpened which is a waste. Writers and artists always need pencils. 

- Busy bee travelling notebook
This is really nicely put together and made well, has plastic dividers so it can be used for anything you need. Lined paper which is thin but good enough quality for list making or jotting notes. I really like this as a pocket handbook. 
- 36 stationary card's (travel themed)
These are my favourite item as they are notecard's, travel themed which can be used for scrapbooking to cardmaking. They have a vintage feel and im so excited to use these as i can just do something different and have mini postcards for birthdays or as gift tags within parcel's. An amazing addition to my set. 

- 3 travel charms 
These charms are brilliant, as I can use them for my planner's or stationary to give a little more bling. I love these are vintage looking and unique to travelling as then can be rotated for when I go anywhere. Also amazingly well made. 
- Click pen 
Cannot see the brand very well but it's a quite thicker then your normal biro size, which is brilliant for writers like me whom struggle. It gives more surface area to grip so not all the pressure is on my main joints, yet distributed evenly. I like this pen and I think it could be what i base future writing tool's on as its comfortable. 

- Travel stickers (4 sheet's) 
These sticker's are fabulous for planner decorators and stationary addicts alike. Multipurpose uses from jazzing up your mail to decorating the weeks your on holiday in your journal. Endless possibilities for these stickers and there is a generous amount. 
Overall April was a fantastic box, well put together around the theme of travel and new beginnings. I liked that it had everything you could need down to a sharpener for your pencil's. It really did feel like a fuller box this month and didnt miss the quality. The products are all quality item's and there isnt an item that stands out. My only one hiccup is probably the size of the Ink for the stamp, its not easy to use and I love the colour of this ink but it looks to be a sample or meant for smaller single stamps. So that would be my only comment for this month, as the stamper is so unique that I want to use it on all my mail I recieve and send. (I have my mail date stamped for important item's) 

So im really excited for next months box and its contents. 

1 comment:

  1. Daydreaming Dee20 April 2016 at 02:26

    I hope you don't mind me pointing this out, but you have spelt STATIONERY wrong all the way through this post, the only parts where its correct are where you have copied and pasted. Stationery is pens/paper etc. Stationary is immobile/still.

    Great post though! Definitely need to check this out! Am such a stationery addict!

    ReplyDelete

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...