Tuesday 10 May 2016

MAC - Brooke Candy collection


I admit I dont know much about Brooke candy, other then this her second MAC collection. I loved the gothic colour and packaging when I saw the pre-release and knew it had to make my collection. 

About : 
Fiercely independent digital sensation Brooke Candy returns to M·A·C with her feisty colour collection uniting the past, present and future of her creative spirit. Shades for eyes, lips and nails dare you to stand up and stand out. Bold, brave, unusual, unstoppable.
- Lipstick - Witching hour
Four hues of Lipstick make a boldly confident statement – two, Mind Control and Witching Hour, return for an encore performance. Formulated to shade, define and showcase the lips. Unique chrome packaging featuring a graphic black splatter with Brooke Candy’s signature.
* Amplified: cream finish
* Apply directly to lips.
This heavy darkened mix of purple and black with that beautiful sheen and cream finish, well it just called to me. I love unique bold colours, this is something I love to set my looks alive. I will either have a bold lip or bold eye's, this lipstick is for that neutral natural day to bring some life to it. It's creamy, applied like a dream with maximum opaqueness. Definitely lined with a clear wax pencil to keep sharp the definition, I must admit its really a unique shade. Perfect for a dark and light ombre lip if you need dark colours to work with.

- Bronzing powder - Golden 
A subtly tinted powder that gives skin sheer colour and highlights. Perfect for enhancing skin tone for a natural, sun-kissed look or accentuating a tan. Formulated to provide smooth, even application on all skin types. Unique chrome packaging featuring a graphic black splatter with Brooke Candy’s signature.
* Contains light-reflecting bronzing pigments
* Provides a natural, sun-kissed look
* For a wide variety of skin tones
* Dermatologist tested
* Ophthalmologist tested
* Non-acnegenic
* Apply to face using a brush as desired.
Golden is one of those shade's that always gets repromoted over and over again. Its amazing for me as im so pale, however I do feel that they need to expand to cater for all skin tones. This was the only compact available in Brooke candy collection. 

I do feel they could have made a beautiful deep rich purple powder blush or a duo powder with something rich to cater for the palest of us and women of colour. Im saying that I must admit the quality is so good, I'm so tempted to purchase the lipgloss as its beautiful (I never reach for gloss) and unique. 

I definitely will be purchasing the lip pencil and may obtain the gloss also. So if you love the compact and dont have golden, then its perfect for a light and not to heavy bronzer. Witching hour is unique and im so happy I was able to snap it up. I will have a look via my Instagram, showing off "witching hour" and also how subtle "Golden" as a bronzer is. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave a comment :O)

Where have i been ?

Many of us use makeup as we have a passion or or it is nessesity of our daily life. For me it is a mixture of things. It is one of those ...